Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Now for something completely different (3WW)

The last couple of weeks I've written my 3WW on some political figure or the other and frankly I'm tired of it.  Ok...not really, but I feel like I need to change it up every now and again to keep things fresh. And maybe...just maybe even get the chance about something fun instead of something frustrating.

So let's dig right in with my video game addiction.

I'm pretty fuckin' stoked about the new DC Universe Online.  I mean when I first watched the trailer for this shiney new flavor of MMO, I could feel the imminent nerdgasim building in my nether regions.  Oh yes...a nerdgasim all up on my TV.  That might have been a little bit too much information.

I kind of feel like I'm channeling my new friend over at Sarawearsalot.  But on the bright side...I'm not talking about vagina's.  I think I'll leave that to her as I am most assuredly not an authority on the subject.  Being a married man and all.

Anyway back to the nerdgasim.  This game looks like some kind of wonderful amalgamation of a platformer and a traditional MMORPG.  On top of all this awesome...as a player you get to interact with major characters in the DC Universe.

That means Superman...FUCKING SUPERMAN.  Oh...and that scrub Batman too.  Enough said.

Another November release worth mentioning is Assassin's Creed Brotherhood.  I don't know how many of you out there played the Assassin's Creed games, but if you haven't you should definitely give them a try.  All around entertaining games.  I'd have to say skip the first one as they just didn't make it that well and it's down right boring at times, but get some Cliffs Notes on it and run to your nearest Game Stop and grab a copy of Assassin's Creed II.

In a word it's FUCKING AWESOME.

Probably the best game I've played on my PS3.  I actually beat it a month or two ago and I still pick it up from time to time to take on a contract killing or search for some treasure I missed.  There's nothing quite like walking up behind a couple of guards and stabbing them in the throat with your spring loaded wrist knives and then blending in with a group of hookers to get away.

The new Assassin's Creed looks like it will continue the awesome with a new multi-player feature that pits assassins against other assassins in races to a target as well as a Vs mode where each assassin is the target of the other.

Never underestimate the value of the opportunity to assassinate your friends, your family, and even your significant other....Better watch your back dear.  I promise I won't tamper with your controller to make it more difficult for you to play....I swear.

I'm a good husband...and I do not pursue my wife relentlessly through make believe electronic worlds seeking only the taste of her blood.  Really...

So come November I may become a little scarce as I attempt to engulf myself in these cool new games.  And maybe...just maybe try to assassinate the Translator without her knowing.

6 comments:

gautami tripathy said...

I am not sure. Should I be scared? Are you going to be on a killing spree?

colours lay bare my soul

Cristian0 said...

Ass creed is the $ux0rs ... Stay away from MMOs.. they are pure evil

Unknown said...

You really didn't like Assassin's Creed 2 Christian? I mean I completely agree with you on the first one Assassin's Creed 1 was the pits, but 2 made up for it big time.

And yes I'm pretty sure we all know how you feel about MMO's. Hater :P

CkretsGalore said...

I bought the first Assassin's Creed and played it for a bit. I kinda liked it but yeah some of the game play sucked balls.

Now I must buy the second one. THANKS A LOT. tee hee...I like to place blame elsewhere for my addictions.

I still have games in plastic. It's like clothes with the tags still on. Luckily my Fiancee is a total Geek/Nerd/IT Guy ..whatever you want to call him..and is comfortable with my gaming. ESPECIALLY when I get a game I'm so engulfed in I let him do what ever he wants for 8 hours without asking for him to pay attention to me.

Win Win.

Cristian0 said...

I like the first two hours of the original, after that it was rinse and repeat. Never played the second one.. but if steams put it out for 5 bucks when they release the new one. I might check it out. They did that for mirror's edge and for 5 bucks the game wasnt too bad.

I have several DS games still on the plastic. I keep telling myself I will play them on the next trip but I always have to drive while my wife sleeps :p

MMOs will be the end of humanity I tell ya! Lose Lose!

Unknown said...

You ok? No really! Hopefully this is some alternate reality like GTA or something like that! Love and Light, Sender