Monday, September 13, 2010

Monday Weigh in #5

Weight Loss for the Weak!Don't feel obligated to post your weight just how much you've lost )
I've lost 1 pound.  Putting me down to 278!  I'm glad to be back on the decline again.  I'm actually feeling a lot better though.  The last time I did my runs I didn't feel like I was hyperventilating or anything.  I'm starting to feel the muscles get worked my legs and my abdominal region.  All in all I'm feeling better.

Struggles and Victories of the Weak!
Due to a tropical storm hitting the coast of Texas I wasn't able to do any of my runs this week.  I have, however, been able to do a significant amount of walking as we've had a friend come in for a visit.  This always entails a lot of walking around at the River Walk and other various locals across the San Antonio area.  Thanks for helping me keep on the wagon April!

How can I improve?
This week instead of asking for suggestions I'm going to offer one.  I call it the Grocery store workout.  I know we all like to get that close parking spot, but think about that extra 50 yards as a mini-workout.  Another thing I always make sure to do is to take my shopping cart back the cart return thingys.    I know there are small things and while I know it seems like a pain in the ass,  every little bit helps and I promise it's not going to kill you. 

Don't forget...the cake is a lie and the cube had to die for it.  Until next time.


P.S. - I'd like to thank Witless Exposition (aka - The Translator) for creating this cool little button for me.  She's so good with this kind of stuff.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

One pound in a week is okay. Good running shoes can sometimes even double the time that you keep running or walking. Stay away from Reebok or Nike, those are not very good. Try and get Mizuno or Asics which are cheaper and better.
To make sure you are improving, time your miles. One mile every 20 minutes is a good start. If you are able to sing while jogging, you are not doing much. Also, like you say, the little things count, use the stairs instead of the elevator..etc. I don't know about parking 50 yards away though. Hattiesburg is a retirement town and is a hazard to park far away in Walmart because the grannies can run you over :p Good Luck and keep at it!

Unknown said...

Actually I've got a pair of New Balance that I've had for a couple years. Though they haven't seen a heck of a lot of use until recently. Since I'm so out of shape I've been doing a program that's called the Couch to 5K. It's basically an interval training style jogging system. Basically you jog for short spurts (60 secs) and then walk (90secs) repeat for about 30 minutes. It gets your heart rate up pretty quick and keeps it up without you killing your legs. I've got a podcast that helps with the timing. I really need to make a new one though...the music is super terrible. Makes me hate Beyounce even more then I already do.