Monday, August 30, 2010

Monday Weigh in #3


I'm thinking of taking a page from the play book of a blogger the Translator follows.  I really like the format that this particular blogger follows and I think I can adjust it for my own purposes.  Now the basic way I'd like to see this work is to have folks respond to my question of the week in the comments to this post and maybe have folks repost this in their own blogs with their own input for each section.  Lets start something people!1!!

Weight Loss for the Weak! ( Don't feel obligated to post your weight just how much you've lost )
I've lost another 2 pounds this week.  So I'm now sitting at 275! 

Struggles and Victories of the Weak!
I was able to keep my up with Couch to 5K again this week which felt really good.  I'm still having issues with making myself go on Saturdays though.  Just something about getting up and going in the morning when I know I can sleep in.  Another issue I had this weekend was with snacking.  The Translator brought home a bunch of free snacks from the temp job she worked this week...those snacks included a rather large box of Famous Amos cookies.  Enough said.  I was also defeated by the Chinese food monster, however, I limited my egg roll intake to 1 and I got the steamed rice instead of the fried rice.  So not a total lose...at least I don't think it is.

How can I improve?
I've been giving a lot of thought to making my daily lunch a salad instead of a sandwich.  I've tried this before and actually managed to find some satisfaction so far as hunger is concerned.  At the time I had more disposable income then I do now so I was able to get grilled chicken salads from Chick Fila.  My question for the week is...How can I economically have a satisfying salad with some protein in it and not spend my entire lunch hour preparing it?  

I think I've finally come up with a closing for this weekly post.  It may be a little stolen but, I still think its kinda funny.  So here it goes....

Don't forget...the cake is a lie and the cube had to die for it.  Until next time.

4 comments:

Jamie Council said...

Buy a roasted chicken on Sunday and break it down, putting individual servings in zip lock bags for the week. I also have a recipe for a sugar free, low carb type honey mustand dressing if you want to try it. (I haven't yet and woud love a guinea pig.)

Unknown said...

That's a really great idea Jamie and I'd bet it wouldn't be too expensive either. I was initially thinking along the lines of using the canned chicken but that stuff tastes like a monkey butt on its own. Unfortunately for you, salad dressing is one of the few places I won't cave for weight loss. I love the taste of hidden valley ranch and so that's basically all I use. I've tried to make my portions lesser and consume less ranch in general and I've been pretty successful on that front.

Anson said...

Good job on the weight loss.

This January I decided to get back into shape. I stopped smoking and lost close to 50 lbs. The best thing I can tell you is to stick with the running. Once you start really running good distances (3-4 miles a day) the weight will just melt off.

When I started I couldn't run 1/4 mile. (I had smoked for about 15 yrs.), now I run 5 miles a day (most of the time), and I'm planning to run a half marathon before New Years.

If I can do it, anyone can do it!

Hang in there and good luck..

Unknown said...

Wow Anson...that's really awesome. Glad to hear you're doing well and I really appreciate the words of encouragment.